Monday, 16 July 2012

I'm back!!

Here we all are, photographed with the Olympic Torch yesterday - I got to hold it too!! 

Well, I've neglected my Blog for a while, and I think I should get right back and start blogging again, so here I am!!! I've been keeping my Facebook pages updated regularly and that seems to have taken up a lot of online time rather than getting Blog posts done. My Groovy Pumpkin - Decorative Artist Page is HERE 

Crochet Baby Hat - Preemie - 5 to 6lbs - For Sale in my Etsy Store


Some things I've been making include a couple of hats in aid of The Big Knit from Innocent Smoothies, where 25p per donated knitted hat goes towards Help the Aged here in the UK. Click HERE for more details. Also, HERE's a link to The Big Knit Pattern Booklet (pdf document) with 3 knitting patterns for miniature hats to knit if you wish to join in.


Crochet Wash Cloth - 100% cotton - Basketweave Stitch


Lately I've started a Knit and Natter group at my local library which has just had its fourth meeting on Saturday, and we have got several regulars who have been coming and learning crochet from me. I'm proud to say I am now a Crochet Teacher!


Daisy playing on the floor - photo taken by Jay


I'm also in the process of crocheting a tea pot cozy, and the pattern to go with it, which may be for sale in my Etsy Store in the near future - depending on how much time I can devote to getting them done. 


Jay holding his Head Teacher's Award, and wearing his crown  - school assembly

Jay wearing face paint after an activity afternoon at the Itchen Valley Country Park


Jay has had an amazing school report where he has been 'exceeding the National Standards' in reading, writing, mathematics and science. Wow - I'm so proud of that little man! He still gets one-to-one support at school and will still keep the same support worker when he moves up to Year 2 in September. I'll get to meet his new teacher a bit later this afternoon, so this will be informative.


Our entry in Jay's School 'Summer in Bloom' competition - the theme was 'Growing for Gold' 


Daisy is coming along really well, she's 17 months old now, doesn't the time fly?! She's beginning to say quite a few words and I'm amazed that she can recognise a few letters and numbers - I think we have another brainy kid amongst us.


Crochet coasters - set of four - my latest addition to my Etsy Store

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet