Here's my very own little Scary Fairy who went to her very first Halloween Party this morning. I made the tutu out of tulle and ribbons, and made the fairy wings from felt and glitter glue for the back of the outfit. I bought the tights which the whole theme was based on.
I made some Scary Fairy cakes to take with us too, they had orange flavoured buttercream on the top, with sprinkles and green glitter on some, and spider decorations on others. It was nice to see them on the little kiddie's plates!
The party was very good, with lots of little skeletons, vampires, witches, pumpkins and devils - what a great collection of costumes the kiddies were all dressed in.
Unfortunately Daisy was sick over the front of her tutu just before judging for the best costume, so I'd taken it off. Needless to say, she didn't win - a pretty baby pumpkin won a book - I was disappointed! Never mind, there's always Halloween night where she can use her freshly washed costume to go and scare the neighbours - he he!
Oh yes, here's an update on the broccoli seeds, I think they've been getting a bit too dry, so the shoots have come out on some, but seem not to be developing beyond that, I've put in a lot more water this morning, so hopefully this will improve things.