Sunday, 28 August 2011

Button Bouquets and Boutonnières

On Friday I discovered some beautiful wedding bouquets that were not made of flowers, but of buttons instead. I became really absorbed in this and discovered that buttonholes/boutonnières and corsages existed too, also made from buttons and florists wire.

Purple Black Silver and White Bridal Button Bouquet.
I'd never heard of the word boutonnière before so was pleased to learn about them:
"A boutonnière is a floral decoration worn by men, typically a single flower or bud. The word comes from the French word for buttonhole, which is the British term." (Source.)
Boutonnieres - purple & grey.
Here are some more of the gorgeous creations that I found, most are just buttons, but some I found were made from felt flowers too - see bottom photo.

The Curiouser and Curiouser Button Bouquet Wedding Set - Alice in Wonderland

Pretty in Pink Bridal Button Bouquet

Button Bouquet - pink

Daisy Path Button Bouquet

Bridal bouquet, pastels
To find links to the shops that have made the above items, please go to my 'Clothing & Accessories' page on Pinterest, where you can scroll down, click on the photos and go straight to the source.

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. I have seen the button bouquets before, LOVE them too! They are BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ordered some buttons so am going to have a go at one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. these bouquets are absolutely amazing. I 'm very tempted to have one of these for my wedding!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet