Sunday, 3 July 2011

I've Made a Dribble Bib!

Amy Butler 'Love' fabric - Dribble Bib 1

Here's a bib I made for my daughter, Daisy, she's nearly 5 months old now and she's dribbling for England! It's in the style of a 'neckerchief', which seems to be really popular here right now.

I wanted to make her a bib that's more attractive for her to wear - "if you have to wear a bib all the time it needs to be a nice one", I thought!

This is made from Amy Butler's ‎'LOVE': 'Tumble Roses / Tangerine' cotton fabric for the top and a soft fleece backing to protect against wetness going onto the clothing underneath.  I saw the fabric the other day and thought this would be perfect as she wears a lot of orange / peach coloured things.

I've also got some Cath Kidston mini strawberries fabric with a blue background which will go nicely with some of her red, white and blue clothes.  I have some other scraps too so might make her a few more from these as they'll get used a lot.

I've got more photos of it on Flickr if you want to see them.  What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Oh what a terrific idea for your daughters drooling!

    I am sure there will be people that will like those for their babies!

    Have a safe 4th of July

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joyce! I'd like to make them but just don't have the time at the moment, maybe in another few more months, lol!

    Happy 4th July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn cute!!! Daisy is 'styling' for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much cuter than wearing a bib all the time!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! My baby was a planned Csection, too. Hubby just made my swing during 2 of the days I was in the hospital because he was busy the other days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Leta and Lindsay!

    I hope you are well on the road to recovery Lindsay, it takes a while to feel back to normal, I'm still not quite there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic idea. My friend has a baby boy who's always wearing one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy, I was just looking at your Pinterest page, what a coincidence! Thanks for your comment! Jane :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet