Tuesday, 21 December 2010

C-Section Planned - New Due Date

We had a meeting with a Consultant Midwife at the hospital yesterday afternoon to discuss the options of giving birth this time around - Elective Caesarean  vs VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Caesarean).

We've decided to go with an elective c-section due to complications with Jay's birth previously, and the proposed date is Friday 11th February 2011 - only 2 days before our due date!

Although, if I go into labour before this date then I'll give the natural birth a go (eeek), and if they don't think I'm progressing as well as I should (1 cm dilation per hour) then another emergency c-section will be done as they won't let the labour go on as long as it did last time (5 days!) due to the possibility of the old scar rupturing.

I've been quite stressed about it as there were some complications with Jay's birth and this has made me really nervous about trying again. I wasn't quite prepared when I found out I was pregnant, even though it's been nearly 5 years since last time.

10 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) I'm sure everything is going to turn out perfect, no matter how this baby arrived into the world. My thoughts and I'm sure many other's are with you everyday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda - that means a lot to me! (((hugs))) back too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, Feb. 11, 2011 seems like a perfectly good date to me! I'll bethinking of you and anxiously awaiting pictures of your new little pink bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth! I'll definitely post pics as soon as we can! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember my story about my 2 births? Having #2 took some serious thought. It worked out for me and I know it will work out for you. Take good care of yourself and you are always in prayer. Hugs, Leta

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES...why would they wait until only 2 days before??
    I had previous complications and we got to go 10 days early.
    You will be on my mind alot in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinking of you too, Jane, and holding that sweet babe in my heart. Deep breaths, relax, enjoy Christmas -- and everything will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I'm so excited for you Jane!! and I can't believe how fast the time has past! I'll be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks lovely ladies!! I'm really grateful for all your support and best wishes. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray that everything will go well for you! I have had them all- natural, planned C-section (breech), VBAC, and emergency C-section. Each time the baby and I were safe and healthy and that is the most important thing! The doctor isn't giving me a choice this time, so it will be another planned C-section. Best wishes to you and your growing family!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet