Ellen Notbohm, author, columnist and mother of sons with autism and ADHD, has compiled, and I wanted to share them with you today.
Below are the headings for each section. Please click HERE to read about them in more detail.
- I am first and foremost a child.
- My sensory perceptions are disordered.
- Please remember to distinguish between won’t (I choose not to) and can’t (I am not able to).
- I am a concrete thinker.
- Please be patient with my limited vocabulary.
- Because language is so difficult for me, I am very visually orientated.
- Please focus and build on what I can do rather than what I can’t do.
- Please help me with social interactions.
- Try to identify what triggers my meltdowns.
- Love me unconditionally.