Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Today's New Project: Gorgeous Baby Shoes!

I've got the sewing bug back since making my coasters from the last couple of days, and decided to try something a little more complicated.  I had this pattern for a while and thought that today was the day to start!

I found this Amy Butler fabric ('Water Bouquet/Midnight' from her 'Love' collection) when out shopping on Sunday and thought that I'd use it for the shoes as it was only a small off-cut and would be perfect.  I have finished one shoe (it is so cute!) and I just need to sew the sole on to the last one, it's all pinned up ready to sew tomorrow morning - I can't wait to show you!

All pieces cut out - outer and lining

Outer pieces - front

Inner pieces - back - showing fusible web

Outer and inner sewn together with green gingham ribbon closure

Backs sewn together - from front

Backs sewn together - from back

Sole pinned in place - inside out - bottom

Sole pinned in place - inside out - top

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet