Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Freestyle Sewing





I've been having a go at some freestyle sewing - the idea is taken from a book by Poppy Treffry, called 'Free and Easy Stitch Style'.  I love this simple style and it's bold personality!  You can either choose lovely patterned fabrics or just plain felt and make some really lovely pieces by mixing and matching and layering.

These pictures show my first ever attempts at this form of sewing - using an embroidery hoop to keep the fabric stable, dropping the dog feed and removing the sewing foot from my sewing machine.

It's taken a little getting used to, but I have actually made an ipod/phone cozy today which I'm quite pleased with - pictures will follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet