Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Beautiful Blue Jay

Yesterday evening I wanted to try something a little different with my crocheting, so I looked through one of my books (201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Projects and Ideas, by Melody Griffiths) for some inspiration, and thought I'd have a go at this letter 'J' from page 46.

I used Patons Smoothie DK 100% Acrylic yarn, Colour 2102 (Blue Mix), with a 4mm hook.  I was quite tired so I miscounted on a couple of occasions and had to unpick, but after re-doing it again I'm actually very pleased with the final result, what do you think?  It measures approx 11cm x 8cm so it's bigger than I thought it would be.

I'll also probably do letters 'A' and 'Y' to spell out my son's name and stitch it on something for him.

Letter 'J'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet