Monday, 27 September 2010

20 Weeks: Half Way Through my Pregnancy!

20 weeks pregnant
Well, we've made it to the half way point (yesterday)!  I'm 20 weeks pregnant and am feeling really HUGE already! I've been getting a few muscular aches around the sides of my tummy as things are expanding even more, and have been getting a little more out of breath when walking up hills, but other than that everything seems to be rolling along very nicely.

We have our anomaly scan tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully we'll see that the little one is doing ok, and hope to find out if it's a boy or a girl! David thinks it's a boy, I'm more inclined to think it's a girl, ha ha!  We don't mind though, as long as he or she is healthy.  I may then have to go out and purchase some appropriately coloured fabrics and yarns to match what we're having - I want to make a changing bag and some crocheted clothes, so that will keep me busy for a little while!

I feel the little one move around quite a lot and sometimes there's a sudden small kick or punch, but we can't really feel it on the outside yet (I have a little extra padding in the way!), but hope to in the next few weeks. I am feeling a lot more hungry the last few days too - baby must be growing more now - so have to be careful not to over eat!

I had a nuchal fold scan and blood test for Down Syndrome about 8 weeks ago now, and the results came back as being low risk, so that was really good to hear, especially as I'm an 'older mum'.

I kept having strange baby dreams last night, probably because of the impending scan and also because I watched the film 'Juno' before going to bed - which was a great film and sent my mind whirring.

So, look out for tomorrow's Blog post, where I'll be able to reveal all regarding the the scan results.  I'm a little nervous, but hopefully all will be well.

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what the sex is. I like that film too and have also had some funny dreams. I dreamt last night I had given birth to a springer spaniel and was really dissapointed there was no baby. How bizarre! ;0)

    Good luck with the scan.

    x hel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hel, what a funny dream, lol! I can't remember mine in detail, I just remember the dreams when I wake up, then I forget them straight away. xx
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Thanks Sarah!! xx
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Jane :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck tomorrow Jane, Can't wait to hear what your having, how exciting :)
    Even though it doesn't matter weather it's boy or girl, it would be SO nice to have 1 of each & I know you'd just LOVE to make that change bag in pretty pinks & orange etc .... :)
    I'll have my fingers crossed for you, & can't wait to hear the news <3
    Take care & big hugs xo Nicole & Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out what the little one is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your news brings back memories of my seconds 'second scan'. I wasn't sure whether or not to find out the sex of baby. But I am glad I did. How exciting. Dianna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet