Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Crocheted Flower-Trimmed Baby Jacket

I've decided to crochet a cute baby jacket out of Rowan Wool Cotton (50% merino wool & 50% cotton) in 'Antique' and 'Clear' (cream and grey), which I'll add either pink or blue to when we've had our next baby scan in 3 or 4 weeks, and hopefully we'll know if we're having a boy or a girl!

The pattern is from the collectable set: 'The Art of Crochet' and is from Part 13.  It is worked in easy trebles (US doubles) and is decorated with pretty picot edgings and flower motifs appliquéd on to the lower front corners.

I've had to learn how to do the stitch 'tr2tog' (working two incomplete treble stitches, keeping the last loop of each stitch on the hook and then completing both stitches together), which I found excellent instructions for here, this made the shapes for the armholes.  The next part to make will be the left front section which I'll start shortly.

Here's my completed back section.

What the jacket should look like when complete.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, that is such an adorable little cardy! I wish I knew how to crochet better. I'd make a bolero version in my size. Of course, there'd need to be some serious fuchsia involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That bolero idea sounds like fun - I love fuchsia too. I'm only new to crochet so I need to start at the beginning, though I feel like I want to do more advanced things I'll have to wait to get more experience for now.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet