Friday, 20 August 2010

Amigurumi - Crocheted Stuffed Toys

I recently bought this book 'Amigurumi' by Lan-Anh Bui and Josephine Wan and have actually made an 'Egg Bear' - it's the first project in the book and all I need to do to finish it is to add a felt muzzle and eyes.  Mine seems to be a bit taller, so I think I'll squash it down a bit!

I'll be surfing Etsy to bring you some samples of these little crocheted creatures in the next few days, so if you like this idea please come back for more updates on my 'crocheted stuffed toys' journey.  

Please let me know if you have some experience of this cute and cuddly craft - I'd be very pleased to include some of my Blog reader's examples too!

Here he is, nearly complete.
This is the book's version.

Book Description from Amazon: "The craze for crocheting cute characters has swept Japan and now everyone can discover the appeal of the latest art form.  Amigurumi - which literally means crocheted stuffed toy - is fast, fabulous and fantastic fun.  The necessary techniques can be learned in minutes and its perfect for creative people of all ages.  This gorgeous new title features a range of inspiring designs for quirky and covetable creatures.  The instructions are simple to follow and are accompanied by innovative, easy-to-read charts."

2 comments:

  1. I found you via Tonya and LL, on FB :)
    Very cute little fella - he's coming along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat!! Lovely to have you here xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet