Friday, 30 July 2010

Our First Scan Photo

Scan at 11weeks + 5 days
Well, let me introduce you to our new baby!  We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, but we do know that it's 5cm long and is due on Sunday 13th February 2011.  

This dating scan was done this morning and we were given the option of a nuchal fold test too (for Downs Syndrome), where the sonographer measured the amount of fluid at the back of the baby's neck, and I then had to go for a blood test.  We'll get the results for this in a week or so, but the measurement is not classed as high risk, according to my pregnancy book, so I'm feeling quite positive about this.

I can actually believe it's real now, as it's seemed a bit of a mystery as to whether there was actually a baby there - it's much easier to take it all in after actually seeing the baby moving around on the screen!

2 comments:

  1. Jane, how lucky you can be to win exactly the prize you liked it ??? Congrats, I need your mailing address to send it to you ! Send it to me at mebedos@gmail.com

    http://crgdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/08/color-therapy-jewelry-giveaway-and.html

    Monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never received this prize, sadly - I think it must have been lost in the post. :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet