Saturday, 8 August 2009

Shhhhhhhh . . . . .

'THE WISE OLD OWL'

A wise old owl lived in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?


After visiting the Art Projects for Kids blog today this beautiful poem struck a chord with me, evoking vivid memories from my childhood.

I recall being the younger me, and always being 'the quiet one'. I was told I should speak more, but I much preferred listening to, and watching, what was happening around me. I still do sometimes, as it can be more calming than making 'small-talk' with people just for the sake of saying something. It also allows me to use my artistic mind and imagination more . . .

I must have been a groovy owl once upon a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet