Sunday, 2 August 2009

Lords of Dogtown (2005)

Since seeing the late, great and amazingly talented Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight last year I have become a HUGE fan and have got virtually all his films now. I bought the soundtrack to Lords of Dogtown in London's HMV yesterday and put it on to listen to today - it's great!

Below is the front cover of the DVD (Heath is on the far left).

I watched the film a few months ago now and was really blown away by the true story of the Z-Boys, a group of teens from California around the summer of 1975 onwards, and how they started skateboarding in the empty swimming pools of unsuspecting folks during the drought, and their subsequent rise to fame and glory . . . and more . . .

If you watch the Special Features on the DVD you'll see the real people, and I think it's great to see how they turned out - to see what life has thrown at them, and see where they are now (in 2005 when the film was made). This is well worth a watch, even if you're not into skating or surfing (as I'm not - I'm too old!), but if I was a young kid I'd be really tempted to have a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet