Saturday, 1 August 2009

London, Baby...!

Today we went to London to look at the trains. My son is 3 and a half and is totally hooked on them. We do travel a lot by train as we don't have a car at the moment and every time we go near a newsagent we end up buying him another train magazine - he now has so many that they seem to have taken over our home!

We took advantage of a special offer from South West Trains - Midsummer Madness where adults can travel for £10 to anywhere (nearly) on their network during August weekends, so we decided to go to London, which was about a third of the normal price - yay!

After visiting several stations we went to Hamleys Toyshop where I bought some amazing foil and glitter for decorating surfaces such as cards, scrapbooking, etc. I decorated a piece of black paper this evening with the glitters and it looks wonderful. The only thing is, I'm now covered in millions of tiny specks of glitter, as is the chair and the floor!

Well, after trudging the streets of Londinium this drizzly damp day, I can now safely say that I am completely ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet