Monday, 17 August 2009

Friedensreich Hundertwasser: 1928-2000

Thanks to the Art Projects for Kids blog today I was introduced to Friedensreich Hundertwasser, an Austrian artist and architect.

I feal really enthusiastic about his work so I want to show you a building in Switzerland (Altenrhein Indoor Market) that was built following his ideas and concepts.

Gilded onion spires, illuminating colours, rolling lines, uneven floors, colourful ceramic pillars, shaded walkways and leafy roof surfaces are the characteristics of Friedensreich Hundertwasser's architecture - see pictures below - it is absolutely stunning!

I love the luminous coloured glass bottles embedded into the wall and want to use this idea with my Fimo as I bought some different coloured transparent Fimo clays yesterday - I can't wait to use them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet