Friday, 22 May 2009

Where, When and Why...

Well, I've dived into the world of Etsy, where I can at last show off my wares to an audience of like-minded people... you know, the ones who appreciate the art and craftsmanship of the everyday individual who loves to create because it is who they are, and if they didn't create they would wither away and become a small wrinkled blob of nothingness!

Well, that's me anyway. I've been making and creating and drawing and photographing for ever (and sometimes that seems like a really long time!) My creative passion at the moment though is knotting. I started doing macramé when I was at primary school. I had a teacher who taught me in art class for a while, and for that I am very grateful as I can come back to it now and feel comfortable and know that it's the right thing for me to be doing at this time.

Also, one of the reasons I can get on with knotting is because I can actually finish projects, and maybe even two in one day! I used to get quite excited about starting something, like a painting, and then the excitement would wane as the days rolled by and I couldn't get the time to carry on, or was just too plain tired.

We have a 3-year old son who has recently started going to pre-school in the afternoons. He is a marvellous little man and I love him soooooo much! I get about two hours at home when he is at school, but tend do the housework then, and actually get on with my creations during the evening when he has gone to bed, when I can get my beads and cords out on the frontroom floor and decide just how I can combine them to make something pretty. If I would like to wear it then I'm happy with the result.

Well, I hope you have fun watching my progress over the coming months. I'm sure I will enjoy myself too!

Jane :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet